Oatmeal Cookies!

I bought a huge container of Quaker Oats and wasn't eating nearly enough oatmeal cereal to even make a dent in it...so I decided to make some oatmeal cookies! I got this recipe off of the bottom of the Quaker Oats lid and I only made half of the original recipe. Below is my version. Enjoy!


Ingredients:
1 stick butter (its easier to mix if you put the butter in the microwave for about 10 seconds to soften it)
1/2 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
1/4 cup white sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract 
3/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt (optional)
1 and 1/2 cups Quaker Oats (quick or old fashioned--I used the quick kind)


Recipe: 
As usual, begin by pre-heating the oven to 350. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and both types of sugar until creamy. Next, add the egg and vanilla and again beat well. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt into the bowl and once that is mixed well go ahead and add the oats also. 


Take a spoon and drop the dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet (I placed a piece of foil over my pan to make the cleaning process easier). When the cookies bake, they will expand a little so make sure the spoonfuls of dough are spread apart evenly.  Bake for about 10 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown. Allow the cookies to cool for a few minutes before digging in. Enjoy with a glass of cold milk or hot tea! 


Side note: my roommate doesn't like nuts so I decided to leave them out of this recipe. If you want to add more then I'm sure walnuts would work nicely. I also didn't have any raisins on hand but obviously those would work well also. 






No comments: