Cinnamon Graham-Apple Crisp



I've gotten in the habit of always grabbing a box of graham crackers at the grocery store to dip into milk (yum), and this time I wanted to do something new with the graham crackers! This recipe is on the back of the box and I happened to have the right ingredients so I went for it. Enjoy!


Ingredients:
3 apples (I used Granny Smith)
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/3 cup flour
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1/2 stick butter
8 cinnamon graham crackers (there are 8 together in clear wrapping within the box)
vanilla ice cream (optional but highly recommended)


Recipe:
As usual, preheat the oven to 350. Thinly slice the apples and throw them into a glass baking dish (my dish was 8x6x2 inches). Next sprinkle the cinnamon over the apples and mix so that all of the slices are coated.


In a mixing bowl, add together the flour, brown sugar, and butter (and use two knives to slice/mush the butter). Stir the ingredients until it resembles crumbs. Take the graham crackers and break them into the mixture in the bowl (look at the pictures to get an idea of crumble size).


Take these dry ingredients and sprinkle over the apple mixture (I decided to fully mix it into the apples instead of just having a layer on top of the apples).


Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes or until the apples are tender. Serve warm with a cold glass of milk or vanilla ice cream!


Fixes for next time: I think next time I might double the amount of dry ingredients (the flour, sugar, and graham crackers) and definitely make sure I have some ice cream!













No comments: