French Toast

This Saturday morning I was going to go to an awesome bagel cafe here in santa barbara but then decided to not spend my money and instead made french toast at home! This is a suuuper simple recipe and I'm sure everyone already knows how to make it...but I just can't help taking out my camera to snap a few macro photos, so I thought I might as well share it on this blog!


Ingredients: 
4 pieces of bread (I just used wheat sandwich bread)
2 eggs
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup milk
maple syrup


Recipe:
Beat the eggs and milk together and stir in the cinnamon. Get out a frying pan and place either cooking oil or butter on it, and turn the heat to medium high. Next, take your bread and quickly dip the bread into the mixture (do NOT soak the bread-- I made that mistake and it got mushy on the pan). Flip the toast every once in a while, and add cinnamon if needed. This recipe is as easy as that! Serve warm with maple syrup and hot tea. Feel free to add powdered sugar. Next time I go to the store I'm going to pick up bananas to add on top also! Enjoy! 








No comments: